The Town of Florence has an estimated population of over 25,428. Tourists bring home many memories from this town, with highlights, including self guided tour of historic downtown, the 4 days long Country thunder that celebrates world's largest country music. Did you know that Florence is listed as a National Historic District.
Image by Jeremy Butler (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)], via Wikimedia Commons
Interesting facts about Florence!
- Florence is in Pinal Coounty.
- The town is located 61 miles southeast of Phoenix.
- Florence is one of the nation's oldest towns.
- Florence encompasses over 25 buildings that are included in the National Register of Historic Places, thus making it a National Historic District.
- Florence is in Mountain Time zone.
- It was founded in 1866.
- Florence has a total area of about 8.3 sq miles.
- Florence's climate is typical hot desert climate.
- The town's population density was 2,056.2 people per square mile.
- The racial makeup of Florence was 57.12% White, 4.42% Native American, 9.17% Black or African American, 0.83% Asian, 26.79% from other races and 0.05% Pacific Islander.
- Florence encompasses 2 Arizona Department of Corrections prisons.
- Florence is the town where Arizona's 2nd Anthem development happened.
- The Florence complex is the oldest functioning Arizona State Prison complex.
Check out the best things to do when you're in Florence!